I'll be looking for resources about Modern Mobile Game Design and list them below. Basically this post will be a placeholder until I actually have a grip hold of the most important ones, or enough to design a good mobile game.
- Very short tutorial length
- Get rid of main menu if possible. The player should immediately play the game after launching it.
- First time open, immediately play. Then from game over screen can return to main menu (or the game over screen is main menu itself, depend on game).
- On second open onwards, open the main menu (some games save state when exit and start there?) .
- Game mechanic that is not immediately understandable after 2 second of playing? Back to the drawing board.
- See Voodoo or Ketchapps game (Dunk Shot, Rider, Dunk Hoop)